Thursday, November 24, 2005

Pray for my Uncle - Cancer Generation Curse?

The dim room was lighted up as the day was cold & wet with the rain. For the first time, I visited my '3rd Uncle' whom I often address, in 'Hokkien' or 'Mandarin' since he was discharged from the hospital...I did not expect such outcome as my Uncle seems to be quite fit in my memory...
My first thought was "Generation Curse" in my mind as my grandfather, my Uncle passed away from Cancer, many more to name, but I quickly bind that in a name above all, Jesus. Uncle held on to my hand while I held back my tears, looking at him, with his open wound and physical pain...I was confused...
"Uncle you look good! How is your appetite? Did you rest well? Are you drinking enough water...Uncle I heard you receive the good news of Lord Jesus Christ..." I spoke bravely, cheerful enough to hide my sorrow. Yes, he had confess with the salvation Prayer but I do not think it is in a Church Environment. Nevertheless, it does not matter as Uncle still can relate back to the years my grandmother actually attended church services till my grandfather worship idols with the business...
6th December, I decided to pen down this draft copy as these two months I was quite confused by the incidents that gone past with a bink of an eye, how time flies, time & tide will not wait for any man...it seems to me, the days are like seconds, spilt seconds...My Brother, Desmond & my Dad was Baptised on the 26th of November, following by my mum & Desmond birthday on the 27th and 28th, a weekend of great significant, to me at least...
Managed to attend the Baptism and witnessed that precious moment. The event drew me back closer to Desmond where we drifted apart due to my heavy work load and mis-communication. I attended partial service of the church my family attended as I am the only one in the family who attend New Creation Church. It was a relief to me as I often out of my human effort, worried about the sermon preached at that church as I learn from Pastor Prince, that the mixture of Law and Grace is death...
The Church is Christ-centered and the pastor loves to lead everyone to worship the Lord in spirit, this I deeply loved as it is written in the Bible, when we pray in spirit, we are burning sweet aroma to our Abba in Heaven, praising Him, delighting Him and "the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22 (NASB)
Halleliuah! on verse 25 & 26 of Galatians, Chapter 5, it ends with "If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit. Let us not become boastful, challenging one another, envying one another." This I pray that we will keep deeply in our heart in times of sorrow, confrontation, anger or agony...May the Lord keep you and Bless you...Heaps.

No comments: