Wednesday, July 13, 2005

To serve or to be served?

Damn, wrote this last night but the page 'hung', all lost with a press of button, precious 2 hrs! That's technology, we built it to test our patience, how smart can human be? Remember one of sister in Christ who had recovered from acute panic attacks? She had a relapse, I found out a few days ago, prayed with her and I believe in the name of the Lord, she is healed. My younger sister turbo into panic state from time to time, it is difficult for my parents to handle as she is still young and the only princess in the family, spoilt like me!
I do not know why but many brothers and sisters in Christ around me are in distress, some physically, others spiritually and emotionally. Maybe I am 'Curse'? Nah, I reject that in Jesus name, Amen? Jesus loves us. As for me, my Dad is recovering from Manic Depression, sister braving panic attack with mum and my brother seems to be disturbed with the loss of a friend. In short, everyone needs divine healing while I struggle with my own progressive healing.
Penny sister shared with me about how God is using me, in the midst of my own challenges, I kept my heart to love others. This is not new as Pastor Prince [Just like Mosses] shared how God loves to turn our weakness into strength, then with his inability to speak well and now leading one of the largest congregation in Singapore with his sermons reaching out beyond Singapore...
"Abraham was old, Jacob was insecure, Leah was unattractive, Joseph was abused, Moses stuttered, Gideon was poor, Samson was codependent, Rahab was immoral, David had an affair and all kinds of family problems, Elijah was suicidal, Jermish was depressed, Jonah was reluctant, Naomi was a widow, John the Baptist was eccentric to say the least, Peter was impulsive and hot-tempered, Martha worried a lot, the Samaritan woman had several failed marriages, Zacchaeus was unpopular, Thomas had doubts, Paul had poor health, and Timonthy was timid..." written by Rick Warren.
God wants us to learn to love and serve others unselfishy. Looking at the long list, I had many of the misfits such as hot-tempered, worried, poor health and depress, just to name a few as the list goes on... Yet, I am qualified to serve God, so are you! Whenever we serve others in any way, I realize we are serving God and that give me great joy. Self-centered is focusing your concern about all your needs. We are doing that all the time without realizing, that include myself...
I believe I am healed of my terminal illness to help others, I am blessed to be a blessing. Frankly, I just manage to understand my 'calling' from God these few months, it's not to earn just a million dollars, it is to turn my weakness to strength, using 'God-shaped' abilities to help others, that I will fulfill the calling...
"It cost Jesus his own life to purchase our salvation. We don't serve God out of guilt, or fear or even duty, but out of joy, and deep gratitude for what he's done for us. We owe him our lives. Through salvation our past has been forgiven, our present is given meaning, and our future is secured. " Don't rush to sign up with any ministry as serving God starts from your family, friends and perfect strangers, not just Church. I am not saving not to serve in Church, what I meant is there is no small service to God...
I prayed and ask God, how? Many are sicked around me? What can I do? What should I do? It's about smashing the deception of Satan and he is best at lying. The Devil knows his time is up and his desperate attempts surfaced like recent London Bomb Blast. I do not know who in the right mind, thinks that blowing up humans, they can be God, in total control! That's just barbaric. Anyway, The Lord answered, Healing is part of Salvation...to be continued...
"What then is Apollos? And what is Paul? Servants through whom you believed, even as the Lord gave opportunity to each one. I planted, Apollos watered, but God was causing the growth. So then neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything but God who causes the growth." 1 Corinthians 3:5-6

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now I know why I know you...lol.. Definely you aint a curse, since I am quite healthy and alive, and hyper jumping up and down. No stress, no distress, bit pimples here and there...but those are healed in Jesus name also..lol...:p