Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Nocturnal Animal

Time never seem to be enough when one is busy with doing things with 'no' purpose...what I meant by 'no' is having no self-purpose but allowing the spirit to lead u by God. I love my parents but there are times I simply cannot put up with them. Ever had such thoughts?...

There's this poem by Russel Kelfer, I read years ago, I found a few days back, in Rick Warren's book. It makes more sense and I came to conclusion that Russel is right about many things in his summary of his poem, including the way we can accept our parents...Let's review it.

Poem:

You are who you are for a reason. [What reason?]
You're part of an intricate plan.
You're a precious and perfect unique design,
Called God's special woman or man.
[God gave his only son to insolent fools, called 'human'! God surely loves us heaps.]

You look like you look for a reason.
Our God made no mistake.
He knit you together within the womb,
You're just what he wanted to make. [Why do we still go for plastic Surgery?]

The parents you had were the ones he chose, [Just remind yourself this, I am going so now!]
And no matter how you may feel, [God must have his reasons for the parents we have.]
They were customed-designed with God's plan in mind,
And they bear the Master's seal.

No, the trauma you faces was not easy. [who says life is easy? Then again, I do enjoy life.]
And God wept that it hurt you so; [I believe so, I am relieve]
But it was allowed to shape your heart [Amen, surely he shapes yours & mine]
So that into his likeness you'd grow. [Cliche of 'slowly but surely']

You are who you are for a reason, [What reason? I am still exploring...]
You've been formed by the Master's rod.
You are who you are, beloved, [Amen, God really love us!]
Because there is a God!

I was rushing for time, I took a cab. The cab driver spoke quite a fair bit while I was busy smsing...we spoke about investment and I told him REITs [Real Estate Investment Trusts] might do him good. Near to the end of the trip, he asked me if I have a family, I laughed and told him I am happy to be single. It was then I knew he was single and 40 of age as his wife pass away with cancer...

Reality checked kicked in and I was so glad I am alive. I was loss for words except my deep sympathy for him. He told me he wanted to be single and my heart ache as I knew he must have miss her heaps. Staring at the receipt minutes after the conversation, I knew that I found a new friend. I would trace him later in the day and hope to share God's love with him as he seems 'as good as being dead...' not that I am better off...I believe with Lord's strength, everything is possible...

In the evening, the goggle box were blasting with awareness about breast cancer and possible cure of cancer even in late stages. I realize I am more than 'lucky' to be alive. What save me is Pastor's Lawrence constant reminder of "Godwyn, Jesus loves you." It just echoed in my ears then as I wondered why my day ended with cancer...cancer...cancer...from the cab driver to the awareness ads...

Love of God is powerful. It is the awareness of Jesus's love, by his stripes I am healed and such twist a life without hope and cure...to victorious healing. There were no complicated formulae or miracle drugs. His Grace brought me life and I am reminded again today, it is no accident I am alive..."I am born by his purpose and for his purpose"

Life is about letting God use us for his purposes, not us using him for our own purpose. Just like God has gave Pastor Lawrence 'special purposes' - imparting Grace and Love of Jesus saving many lives like mine...The song keep singing in my heart..."Jesus loves me this I know...as the Bible tells me so, Little ones to whom we belong, I am weak but he is STRONG!"

"Focusing on ourselves will never reveal our life's purpose..."

Love Heaps - Godwyn

No comments: