Tuesday, June 14, 2005

What on Earth Am I Here For?

Perhaps I am one of the last to know how cool the book, "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren...grab one if u haven't as something must be good for over 20 million copies sold World wide...

Past few days are busy as usual, doing estate management and consultation from talents God gave since I the day I am born and daily blessings through Lord Jesus. It is not too bad basing 'Zero' aids from the family or anyone to maintain financial freedom, just the good Grace from God!

Don't get me wrong, I haven't turn over the million dollars to return to Church. Yet, I slowly understand it is more than dollars for this million to be made and I know I am reaching the purpose soon and return to the wonderful every services I look forward in the past! Many think my thinking of this 'calling' is ridiculous and some thought I merely want to escape from Church or to avoid the people! A 'calling' is merely a test God provides to transform and shape our ways...my million dollars is the way God wants me to see my purpose of life...

If you yet to notice, I had left the Church nearly a year to come, 'feeding' on books and sermons to keep the faith through words of God. I do not encourage anyone to do so, as it is tedious, trust me, you will be better off attending Church services with your Pastors [they are our full time teachers of God's Grace & Love] 'feeding' you on God's words and aid to shape your journey with God. Why such happen to me and how can I justify it is a 'calling', who cares? I used to care and in my family, when we have dispute on faith, they will say what makes you better off not attending Church! Mainly, it is the Grace message, sadly many have not understand. The power of Grace is the fear of the Devil...thus, Grace is often mis-represented than faith or righteousness!

I get to learn, things I feel 'funny', with interaction with other brothers and sisters from many Churches in Singapore, for an example, one warn me not to pray in spirit unless I know what I am talking about, we have to 'beg' God for all mercy, the last supper is a ritual etc...heaps of belief that I can't find in the Bible. As for my family, I love them and I will try to correct them, stupid as it is 'self-effort'! Then, I learn to pray and leave it to God and praise Jesus for showing me THE WAY of life.

Oh that book by Rick, we are supposed to read one chapter per day and I am hungry for it as one chapter is NOT enough for me! It is the first time I do such as with books, when I fall it love with 'it', the romances will never end...Let me share with you some wonderful things that I am reading, at the same time, it is happening at this instant in my life.

The way we see our life, shapes our life! How we define life determines our destiny. Our perspective will influence how we invest our time, spend our money, use our talents and value our relationships. For instance, if we see life as a battle or a game, winning will be very important to us. [Oh I am in this for years! I am trying to get out of such ways!] If we see life as a race, we will value speed and will probably be in a hurry much of the time.

The Bible says, "Do not conform yourselves to the standards of this world, but let God transform you inwardly by a complete change of your mind. Then you will be able to know the will of God." We are always tested like characters in the Bible, God constantly watches our response to people, problems, success, conflict, illness, disppointment, and even weather! In his own life, he has noticed that God tests his faith through problems, tests his hope by how he handle posessions, and tests his love through people.

Everyday is an important day, and every second is a growth opportunity to deepend our character, to demostrate love, or to depend on God. The good news is that God wants us to pass the tests of life, so he never allows the tests you face to be greater than the grace he gives us to hanfle them. The Bibles says, "God keeps his promise, and he will not let you to be tested beyond your power to remain firm at the time you are put to the test, he will give you the strength to endure it, and so provide you with a way out."

Most people fail to realize that money is both a test and a trust from God. God uses finances to teach us to trust him, and for many people, money is the greatest test of all. God watches how we use money to test how trustworthy we are. The Bible says, "If you are untrustworthy about worldy wealth, who will trust you with the true riches of heaven."

It's too long! Cut short, else nonone will spend time to read, Godwyn! k, end with some cool verses:

"For everyting, absolutely everything above and below, visible and invisible...everything got started in him and finds its purpose in him ." Colossians 1:16

"I am your Creator. You were in my care even before you were born." Isaiah 44:2

Time to spend time with the Lord! God is always Good, it is our thoughts that make things seem bad...Godwyn

No comments: