Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Sigh

I just sighed, did you? Is your sigh depressing? Is sighing an act that distrust God? Let's read on, "And looking up to Heaven, He sighed as He said, Ephphatha which means, Be opened!" Mark 7:34 [Amplified Bible] You are not alone...

I have never thought of God as one who sighs. I have thought of God as one who commands. I have thought of God as one who weeps. I have thought of God as one who called forth the dead with command or created the Universe with a word...but a God who sighs?

Perhaps this phase caught my eye because I do my fair share of sighing. I sighed last week when I visited my grandma, due to old age, she couldn't recognize me till I seat awhile with her. I sighed when I saw huge crowds often worship the idols, not knowing the truth about God. I sighed just when I hope my fever will not return to torment me for the night...

If you have tried to resist temptation, you've had probably sighed. If you've had your motives questioned or your best acts of love rejected, you have been forced to take a deep breath & let escape a painful sigh...

The sigh described in Mark 7 is a hybrid of frustration & sadness. It lies somewhere between a fit of anger & a burst of tears. All these sighs come from the same anxiety; a recognition of pain that was never intended, or of hope deferred. Man was not created to be separated from his Creator; hence he sighs longing for home. The creation was never intended to be inhabited by evil; hence she sighs, yearning for the Garden. And conversations with God were not intended to depend on a translator; hence the Spirit groans on our behalf, looking to a day when humans will see God face to face...

All I want to say is that, even when you sigh, Jesus feels the pain and in the agony of Jesus lies our hope. Had he not sighed, had he not felt the burden for what was not intended, we would be in a pitiful condition. Had he simply chalked it all up to the inevitable or washed His hands of the whole stinking mess, what hope would we have?

But He didn't. That holy sign assures us that God still groans for His people. He groans for the day when all sighs will cease, when what was intended to be will be! Jesus had planted His foot on the serpent's head, Jesus speaks loudly enough even with His sigh...

John 11: 25 says, "I am [Myself] the Resurrection & the life. Whoever believes in (adheres to, trusts in, & relies on) Me, although he may die, yet he shall live..." Do you believe this? I do...

Inspired by:

Max Lucardo

18 comments:

Nunzia said...

thank you so much for sharing that! also -- thank you for your comment on my blog... I've posted a very important UPDATE in the comments section of that entry. Thank you again for your prayers and encouragement. Blessings.

Unknown said...

I just sighed today also. I had been hoping for some good news about a new job. But I found out today that it has been offered to someone else.

Nevertheless, I still know that God is in control.

Thanks for your post.

jel said...

Hi Brother Godwyn,
thank you for the post, and sharing your feeling with us, I pray that fever will leave you,
and Brother Godwyn, the best Love of your life will never you!(GOD) :)
and yes I belive it!

God bless you and take care my friend and brother in Christ

jel said...

sorry about My mind got faster then my fingers,
I wanted to say , the best love of your life will never leave you GoD!

Godwyn Lim said...

Dear Sister Nunzia,

I will drop by your site later to keep up with your update!

You encouragement aid me to pen on all the entries from Christ Jesus about His great Love Amen?! Love one another as He has FIRST love us! Freely we give freely we receive:-)

Truely Jesus loves u heaps have a good day ahead!

Godwyn Lim said...

Dear Kjkeb,

Our Abba hears your sigh & surely your blessing is is knocking on your door. That's is why He feeds us on daily bread:-)

Expect a position, NOT just a job as we are the Princes as Christ Jesus is our King & He had overcome ALL through His suffering 6hrs hanging on the cross taking away all your sins, on that old rugged Cross for every blessing for all of us!!!

I will pray for you brother:-)

Have a good week ahead! GOd Bless@

Godwyn Lim said...

Dear Sister Janice, *Hug* U are always one of the first to provide me with your prayers, being concern over me! I am so glad I have you, just like Audrey, Rulan & the rest...

Thank you for your blessing:-) Jesus loves us heaps!

Kitty said...

I do sigh every now and then, yet I sense that in my 'sighing', God's always with me! And I praise Him for that. :)

Anonymous said...

i just did. but mine is because pressure here at work is just too much. sigh!

Godwyn Lim said...

Dear Sister Kitty,

Amen to that! Jesus is always with us, we are never alone! His loving kindness & tender mercy embraces us daily!

Have a good weekend ahead!

Godwyn Lim said...

Dear PIA,

Christ removed all your workload with every sigh you gave, as He knows our heart, His yoke is always light while we are heavy:-)

May the Lord Keep you & Bless you!

Rulan said...

Hi there, sorry I've not been around much lately.

Great post. We all sigh at times. Hey, sometimes a sigh is an act of joy or worship to.

I pray the fever leaves you soon. May the Lord heal you and fill you with joy.

God bless

Godwyn Lim said...

Dear Sister Rulan,

That's right, a sigh can be a an act of joy & worship...

Every prayers are answered & every sighs are felt by Abba & Christ!

Jesus knows our worries, no matter how we can hide, He knows. The worst choice to use our own efforts [human efforts] to make things happen!

My fever came back today but I just took communion & last night & claimed that I am well as I can do ALL things through Christ, Christ our the healer...

jel said...

are you better today!

Brother Godwyn,


God bless

Anonymous said...

hope everything's okay with you today. God bless. =)

Rulan said...

Hey there? How are you today?

Godwyn Lim said...

Hi Sister Janice, PIA & Rulan & all,

Sorry for the late reply. Thank you for all your kind concern. I have been busy with work & haven't fully recover due to constant level of stress.

Haven't been posting for awhile, going through some spiritual attacks. I am trying to look at the perfect work on the cross & not my own flesh:-)

Have a good week ahead! May the Lord keep you & Bless you.

audrey` said...

May I know which line you're working in?
It's ok if you're not ready to share :)
I'll understand.
Shalom and Blessings!